Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dry Lips Issues

For the past days, I noticed that my lips is getting drier and drier each day to the point that it's peeling some skin already. I'm a little bit irritated about it because of the discomfort feeling it causes me each day. To simply sooth my peeling lips, I apply petroleum jelly to my whole lips each night before going to bed. Pretty good enough it helps me feel a little better and my lips actually becomes soft enough when I wake up in the morning. 


Well, at the last minute I have noticed that one of the things that is causing my lips to peel is because of the weather for the past weeks. And I barely realized that another reason for my chapped lips is because of the lipstick I'm using which is most probably already expired and should be replaced immediately. 

Admit it if you look into your make up bag, there are probably items (probably your favorite cosmetics) which have been there for many months or years already. Based on the research I made, lipstick is made to last for 18 months up to 2 years. However, once you notice an off smell and bad taste then it's time to throw them away and replace with a new one. 

I've checked on my favorite lipstick which is a lip and cheek tint and as far as I remember I bought it last year and have been using it for more than 8 months now. When I check on how it smells, it's not that very fragrant as compared to the day I bought it. Also, it doesn't taste foul but I can feel that it's a little bit sticky. Because of these, I've decided to throw my lip and cheek tint to the trash and will just buy a new one. I'm still going to buy the same brand of lip and cheek tint because I really like it but I'm also going to buy and try a new brand of lipstick with a different shade. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment