Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Chinese New Year (2014)


Gong Hey Fat Choy


from WIKIPEDIA 

Chinese New Year is an important traditional Chinese holiday celebrated on the first day of the year of the Chinese calendar. In China, it is also known as the Spring Festival, the literal translation of the modern Chinese name. Chinese New Year celebrations traditionally run from Chinese New Year's Eve, the last day of the last month of theChinese calendar, to the Lantern Festival on the 15th day of the first month, making the festival the longest in the Chinese calendar. Because the Chinese calendar is lunisolar, the Chinese New Year is often referred to as the "Lunar New Year".

I'm not Chinese but I'm among those individual who looks forward in celebrating the Chinese New Year. 



During this special holiday, I always take advantage of buying "tikoy" (Nian gao) (Chinese New Year cake) because I really love eating it. Sadly, it's only made available here at our place during the last week of December until the 1st week of February. After those months, I find it hard looking for a store where to buy it.

My tikoy recipe? 

1. I cut the tikoy into strips, dip it in a bowl with beaten egg, and fry it.


2. I cut the tikoy into strips, wrap it in lumpia wrapper, and fry it.


I've already bought a box of Tikoy and now I'm excited to prepare it for snacks. 

Happy Chinese New Year everyone..

b1a69209a5aff72f3925c307d9e191a48c4bb19b964a107e9b


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment